“You can have the job of your dreams. Job that not only pays your bills but your dream job that makes you truly happy.”
Do you find it hard to believe? I know it may seem impossible. When I moved to the UK in 2005, I could hardly imagine that I would find the job of my dreams one day. I spoke very little English, had a very strong accent that people found hard to understand and about two hundred pounds in my pocket. This was just enough to pay for one week stay in a hostel close to the Westminster Bridge in London and a return flight back home if I did not find a job within two weeks. But my decision to find the job of my dreams kept me going. So I did it and then I found a number of jobs that I truly loved. So can you.
“Finding your dream job starts with a decision to try and succeed.“
So where do you begin? What about starting with the most important step: making a decision to be happy in your career? Can you make that decision today? This decision will become your compass and will navigate you on your career journey every time when you feel stuck, unhappy or unsuccessful. Have you ever asked yourself what would your life look like if you were truly happy in your job?
Step #1 coffee break exercise:
- List ten sentences describing what would your life look like if you had a job that would make you truly happy? Be playful, courageous and dream about:
- What could you do?
- Where could you go?
- What could you learn?
- Who could you help?
- Who would you make a difference to?
- Find your buddy for sharing – our goals always become more real when we communicate about our journey with others. Choose a friend who will become your accountability partner on your journey to finding your dream job.
- Make a decision today to be happy in your career. Make it your priority. Share with your friend about your decision today and invite him or her to share this journey with you.
Loved the exercise? Feel free to drop a comment and leave a feedback.
Want to be more focused and join an online community of dream job dreators?
AWAKEN your sleeping CAREER POTENTIAL in our private group – online club for committed career change makers. This club is for you, if you are committed to transfer your career:
- if you want to go from stressed to happy
- if you want to go from bored to fulfilled
- if you want to go from feeling like a failure to being successful in your career
Join here ZERO TO DREAM JOB CLUB on this link >>> ZERO TO DREAM JOB CLUB